Last Updated: September 1, 2020
This Policy applies to your use of the Services as well as all email, text, or other electronic communications made through the services or to Phoneic.
We currently retain no cookie, registration data or other data for visitors to our Services except for users that have logged in to use our Services.
When using our service, your account is tied solely to your phone number. You must verify your number using the procedure within the Services before you can use the Services. Should your phone number change, it is your responsibility to secure your recordings by backing them up and / or deleting them before changing numbers. We are not responsible for your recordings being accessed by someone else who acquires your old phone number and then installs the Services.
Information We Collect
To engage our Services as a User, you must be a registered account holder or authorized by a registered account holder to use their login information (a “Customer”). As a User you may record phone conversations using our mobile application. When you register as a Customer and use the Services we will collect the following information:
We collect information from and about Users of the Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Services.
- Directly from your phone conversations while the Services are activated.
Information You Provide To Us
When you download, register with, or use the Services, we may ask you to provide:
- Information by which you may be personally identified such as your name, postal address, email address, telephone number, and any other information by which you may be contacted online or offline (your “Personal Information”).
- Your contact lists, or the name and phone number of persons with whom you wish to connect through the Services.
How we collect this information:
- You provide it to us by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App.
- Your search queries on the App.
Why we collect your Personal Information and how we use it:
- To create and support your account and provide you with Services.
- To communicate with you, for example, informing you about your account status, security updates and website and mobile application information.
- To contact you about features, products, services and other promotions that can enhance your use of the Services, in accordance with your communications preferences.
- To enforce compliance with our Terms.
We keep your Personal Information until you delete your account by sending an email to [email protected]
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device.
Logs are stored for up to five (5) days.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not download the App or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
We collect audio recordings of phone call conversations that you capture using the services.
Why and how we collect these audio recordings:
- To create a transcript of the service using the Phoneic proprietary ASR (automatic speech recognition), and speaker ID technology.
- We may select segments of raw or partially processed audio and associated transcribed text from multiple recorded conversations from different Users of the Services to be used as training data to automatically train our proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Only after receiving explicit permission from the Customer we may manually transcribe certain recorded conversations to further enrich our training data.
How we retain audio recordings:
We store a copy of the recording, the associated transcript, speaker ID, and other related metadata until it is deleted by the user who uploaded the recording. If it is deleted by the user no record will be retained by Phoneic.
When you place a call through the Service, your phone number is logged by one of our telephony partners. If and when you request for your account to be terminated by emailing us, you may also request that we remove all logs containing your phone number from our partners’ systems.
With Whom We May Share Information We Collect
Information collected by third parties may include:
- Fabric—Crash reporting, user acquisition and retention. More information may be found at: https://fabric.io/terms
- Google Analytics—Detailed user event data from website. More information may be found at: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- AppsFlyer—Ad effectiveness tracking for mobile advertising. More information may be found at: https://www.appsflyer.com/privacy-policy/
We will not share Personal Information or Customer Data with others except as Customer requests per written instructions or by sending a message through the Services, or as indicated herein, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out.
We may also share Personal Information or Customer Data as necessary to comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders and legal process, as well as, to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Services may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected]
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected]
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by sending an email to [email protected].
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
You may delete all of your Customer data by requesting that your account is deleted. We will retain no record of any personal data, usage data or other information.
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at [email protected].
Information Collected from Minors
Phoneic does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of of 16. If you are under 16, please do not use our services or provide any information to us through the Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [email protected].
California Privacy Rights
Under Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80, a user residing in the State of California has the right to request from us a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personal information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose such information for direct marketing purposes, and so no such list exists. For questions about this policy, please contact us at [email protected] We do not obey Do Not Track signals from a user’s Internet browser. We make no representations concerning third parties that do not collect personal information directly through the Website. These disclosures are made under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575.
Phoneic is committed to protecting your information and we take appropriate commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure. Our security practices include: encrypting many of our services using SSL; and frequent review of information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Phoneic reserves the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy at any time and without prior notice, and any changes will become effective immediately upon being posted unless we advise you otherwise. However, we will not use your Personal Information or Customer Data in a way that is materially different than the uses described in this Policy without giving you an opportunity to opt out of such differing uses. Your continued use of the Platform or Services after this Policy has been amended shall be deemed to be your continued acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Policy, as amended. We encourage you to bookmark this Web page and review this Policy regularly.